Back to my desk…

Oh here we go again…a trite ritual, but any excuse I can get to think about my desk or school supplies is a good day. Here’s my 2010 roundup of things I’d like to use on my desk. I’m noting a strong theme in repurposing items, like laboratory test tubes/beakers (thanks to an old Blueprint article that got me hooked on having test tube blocks to hold my writing utensils) and my latest thing is using old barber bottles/straw holders as a pencil holder. I used to have a vintage straw holder from my great grandma. oh if only my 11 year old self would have seen into the future, I could have saved myself a few pounds!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

ONE. pencil holder from French by Design etsy shop || TWO leather mason bag from museum of useful things $76 USD || THREE world map from these are things $75.00 USD || FOUR engraved glass jars by Pale and Interesting from £14.95 || FIVE metal shelf tags from present and correct || SIX laboratory vase from urban outfitters $18 USD – thanks to eatdrinkchic || SEVEN kraft address labels from paper pastries $10.00 || EIGHT test tube rack $23.49 || NINE pencil dispenser from museum of useful things $18 USD || TEN antique storage files from threepotatofourshop $35.00 || ELEVEN experimental beaker from Anthropologie £8.00 || TWELVE letterpress number clips £9.50 || THIRTEEN striped masking tape £5.95 || FOURTEEN Box of six japanese masking tape from papermash £16.95  ( I just purchased some japanese masking tape from papermash and it turned up with some gorgeous tags! I can’t wait to use it!) || FONT Mrs. Strange from da font – thanks to eatdrinkchic for the font heads up!

• You said, she said...

Leave a comment below

• Merissa said on September 13, 2010 9:39 am

Lovely school supplies indeed! Great choices! I love all of them :)

P.S., I cherish the few issues of Blueprint that I have left. I wish they would come back to print.

• Lauren said on September 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Again we are on the same wavelength, friend. I picked up a few rolls of japanese masking tape from this company http://www.masking-tape.jp/en/

I remember that Blueprint article very well too. Lovely collection.

• bendedspoon said on September 15, 2010 10:18 am

just the sight
    of several pencils
    excites me.
    yesterday i saw a bunch in a mug
    and i giggled giggled giggled :)

• cerentha39 said on September 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Great round up – I just pointed to it from the blog I edit for herman miller – Lifework.
    Cerentha

• Anna said on September 26, 2010 9:38 pm

hi there – what is the font that you’ve used for the THIRTEEN, FOURTEEN etc?

Thanks!

• Pillar Box Post said on September 26, 2010 9:45 pm

The Font used for the numbers is called Mrs. Strange and is a free download from http://www.dafont.com. Enjoy!

Brittany

• Pillar Box Post said on September 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Have you used any of it yet? I’m such a loser, just peering at it sitting on my desk. It’s like a pile of sweaters in jcrew- fabulous looking together with all the colours, but remove one to use and it feels sad.

Are yours patterned or plain?

• jennifer young said on October 12, 2010 6:04 am

i am thoroughly inspired by your blog…
    j.