June 16th…

Ahh three lovely years ago today it was a beautiful day with a picture perfect blue sky and white puffy clouds. I remember because that was the day  I was lucky enough to pin down my love and get him to marry me (lest I give you the wrong impression, I think he was quite keen on the idea as well)…It was a stunning day, with a fantastic start to the life that I love so much. We’re only in baby years in terms of our life together but they’ve been great. And as we always struggle to organize a special event or presents to mark the day, I hope my public declaration of adoration is at least something. I love you David! Sorry for all the gooey-ness. Tomorrow will be back to normal levels of hormones I promise!

In terms of wedding planning, oh how I wish I could do it all over again! Not because I have regrets or was disappointed in it at all– the day was beautiful! It’s just that after a few years worth of reading blogs that feature some absolutely AMAZING weddings and all the tricks up their sleeves, I’m feeling a bit more wisdom in the wedding department. It’s all trivial though – I mean not everyone can have a picture taking booth and circus animals at their wedding, right? I truly feel lucky to have the day we had and when we were so young as well so now I’ll just have to apply these fab ideas into some other giant party that one day I’ll have (yah, I don’t know when either). Hmm..well actually that reminds me. There WAS talk of a five year reunion for all the people who attended the wedding (25 english folks made the trek to the states for the wedding and made good friends with the other 75 Americans present). I reckon this should be my announcement of a save the date for two years time…another mini wedding! Brilliant!

P.S. Happy Anniversary to my lovely little Lauren ( & Stephen) who shares our special anniversary time!

• You said, she said...

Leave a comment below

• Carol said on June 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Enchanting!

• ldnecker said on June 16, 2010 2:28 pm

I miss you even more now :(

• Darcy said on June 16, 2010 6:54 pm

It was a beautiful fun day! Happy 3 years to you and David! And I think a 5 year wedding celebration/reunion is a great idea, I’d love to visit!

• karen cheung said on June 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi. You know, I feel EXACTLY the same way about my own wedding, which was just under two years ago. I have learnt so much and my tastes have developed a lot since then, so I would do things almost completely differently now. I had the most wonderful wedding and of course I wouldn’t really change a thing in retrospect, but like you I would love to throw another party just so I can play with all the ideas I’ve gathered since then! That would be so much fun.

Your wedding looks beautiful :-)

• Mumsy and Dadsy said on June 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Wishing you both a very happy anniversary. It was indeed a lovely day. A wonderful memorable day, particularly the Brits rendition of “Always look on the bright side of life”!!!!

• Bridget said on June 24, 2010 1:10 pm

I think a five year party to renew your vows is a fantastic idea. :)