Around Town : Rye England

Who can keep up with all these pictures nowadays in the digital world…eek too many! I’ve just finally sorted through pictures from our day trip to Rye as I mentioned last week. It started off on a bit of a sour note–it literally started raining as we pulled into the train station and as we went to seek shelter from the rain we realized that London spoils in terms of being doggie friendly. Eventually we found a pub acceptting four leggers (about 24 legs in all-not including humans) and sat out a good deal of the rain. We were rewarded for our patience as we when we started out on our walk, the skies turned blue and we were able to stop and have a cream tea outside in the sunshine. It’s an eensy teensy town, like five minutes walk end to end small but really cute and cobbled. Oh and there is a Mermaid Street, which is pretty much the best thing I’ve seen in weeks.

• You said, she said...

Leave a comment below

• Deborah Wall said on April 19, 2010 10:11 pm

Beautiful pictures. I love the house with two doors.

• Tracey said on April 19, 2010 10:59 pm

I love Rye! Great pics : )

• Clare said on April 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Hey, you went to Rye! Did you go to the antique glass shop? If not, why not… it’s the best. http://www.decanterman.com/Our%20Shop/Our%20Shop.html

• judith b. said on April 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Love the tour of Rye AND the copper fan – but when I click on the link it says no such thing as a minimark copper fan or something to that effect…any tips?

• Glenann said on April 23, 2010 3:07 pm

You have such a keen eye! my sister lives outside london and I was able to visit for the first time last summer. There is a familiarity in your photos. I will be checking out your page often!
    you can check ME out at http://www.studiomachine.blogspot.com :)

• Pillar Box Post said on April 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Ugggggggh. Stinkin’ glass shop. I don’t think five minutes went by without me somehow trying to maneuver us towards it. Sadly, I didn’t remember what it was called or where it was located. I asked the ‘tourism’ place, describing it as a glass shop with a parking lot behind it. She sent me down to the other direction. I felt like we had searched the entire giant city and thought well maybe it was closed down….
    Then we went to the train station to leave and i spied it from the the platform. bleh! Probably best as david would have dragged me away empty handed! Smoked glass, I missed you!

• Pillar Box Post said on April 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi Judith,

Thank you very much! Hmmm as for your technical difficulty…I’m not sure! When I click on it, it goes to a google results page, but perhaps that doesn’t work for others. I would suggest googling ‘minimark copper fan’ yourself and selecting ‘shopping results’ if you are interested in that product. Hope that helps!

Brittany

• Pillar Box Post said on April 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Glenann,

Thanks for stopping by…glad you like it! London certainly is heaven for those seeking eye candy…works out well for me! Nice that you were able to visit, any plans on visiting again?

Brittany

• Coquette & Dove said on May 8, 2010 10:46 pm

That cream tea picture is killing me! I had been craving a cream tea for months, and went to Fortnum & Mason the other day with my grandparents. Bitterly disappointing on the cream tea front. And now this! Time to get baking methinks!

One Trackback