Graphically Natural

Ahhh, what a retro, graphic, textured, natural and eco way to say hello to thursday. This weeks ‘blast from my past’ is one of my favorites ( I know, I say that every week, but seriously!) I was very involved in this piece from painting birdies on tables, suspending above staircases, painting every nook and cranny of brick walls (not an easy task!), creating ghost like apparitions on the stairs (yes thats me!) and noting that open space shelving in a kitchen is not always an easy area to work with…eek. BUT after all the pain that went into the shoot, years on I still think the outcome is gorgeous. Sally Conran brought an eco style to life through a seamlessly blended style of modern graphic posters, sixties furniture, Orla Kiely-esque nature and old school masters paintings. Plus independent designers du jour –from beautiful Catherine Kullberg laser cut lamps to gorgeous ginkgo leaf wallpaper. All this freshness with some tan, brown and yellow paint–who knew?

Styling by Sally Conran, Photography by Tom Leighton

All photos copyright of Akzo Nobel, created by real. london.

Want more? See a home fit for some glamorous girls here or a house that went postal here & here

• You said, she said...

Leave a comment below

• Rhea Clements said on March 18, 2010 11:55 am

Hello, I am a accessory designer just getting started and looking to get my designs out there. I have been following your blog and you post the most gorgeous things! Would you be interested in posting some of my work?

Kind Regards
    Rhea Clements

• Rachel (heart of light) said on March 18, 2010 6:11 pm

It’s gorgeous! Every little detail.

Do you think anyone would mind if I moved right in? I’m pretty quiet.

• carol said on March 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Right now, I would love to be sitting under the tree in photo #6. Which shows that you created a very inviting shot!

• jules said on March 20, 2010 12:46 am

Fabulous house – i could move straight in and not change a thing. The owners might not happy about having an aussie squatter though.

• houdini said on March 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Beautiful photographs ;-) really enjoyed looking at your blog – thanks – Houdini -x

• Pillar Box Post said on March 22, 2010 11:19 pm

I don’t think they’d mind…however they might mind an american and an aussie squatter set-because I’m moving in too!

• Pillar Box Post said on March 22, 2010 11:21 pm

why thank you very much! Of course the irony of this is that you live in a home surrounded by nature fitting for a fairytale and that shot was actually taken in an area about the size of my old bedroom (surrounded on all sides by buildings-just one area to walk into it). But don’t get me wrong, I’d still take it in a heartbeat!

• Pillar Box Post said on March 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi Rhea, thanks for your kind words. I will definitely have a look at your work, but I apologize in advance if it takes awhile-I’m working through a giant ‘to-do’ list!

• tiina said on April 5, 2010 7:44 pm

this home is such fabulous! thank you for sharing and welcome to say hello at my place!

Tiina

• Theresa DeRoo said on December 31, 2011 8:51 pm

The bedroom cupboard.. did you create those and can they be ordered? Thanks.

• Theresa DeRoo said on December 31, 2011 8:51 pm

The bedroom cupboard.. did you create those and can they be ordered? Thanks.

5 Trackbacks